PHOTO BY ACTUAL BRUNCH KIT CUSTOMER @acaucasianasian!
PMC Brekky Kit, feeds a very hungry 4 and Includes (2 Servings Each):
- 2 x Shredded Potato Hash Packs, vac-packed, ready to cook
- 2 x House Smoked Belly Bacon
- 6 Eggs to Poach or do how you do
- Kale Salad
Bagna Cauda Sauce (garlic, cream, anchovy)
Melting Moment Ricotta Hotcake
2 x Melting Moment Ricotta Hotcake Batter
- 2 x Pear Compote with Bergamont Maple Sauce
- 2 x Cookie Crumb
- 2 x Chantilly Cream
- Flowers because it's PMC
STEPS FOR THE HASH:
- Heat your flat top, cast iron griddle, or electric griddle to medium heat, drop to medium low if using cast iron after preheated.
- Oil your cooking surface with about 2 tablespoons of neutral oil per hash patty.
- Lay down hash and shape into a rectangle.
- Season with salt and 2 table spoons of butter. Add fresh cut herbs like parsley if on hand!
- Allow to crisp, about 10 minutes, checking for doneness occasionally.
- While your hash patties are working, lay down your belly bacon and crisp on both sides.
- Add your bagna cauda to a small sauce pot and heat over low heat, whisking occasionally.
- Mix your kale salad with a bit of olive oil, salt, and a good squeeze from half of a lemon
- Once your bagna is warmed through, split between two plates. Optional: top plates with a splash of EVOO and fresh cracked pepper
- Carefully fold your hash into a patty and place on the center of the bagna plate.
- Top each hash with a strip of belly bacon and a pinch of the kale salad.
STEPS FOR THE HOTCAKE:
- Preheat your oven to 230C or 450F with an oven safe pan inside. 7-9” pan works best with about 250-300g batter/1.5 cups. Remember, these also make great pancakes!
- Pull your hot pan from the oven and spray with a hefty amount of pan spray or neutral oil.
- Add the hotcake batter to the pan and return to the oven for 12 min.
- While the hot cake is baking, heat your compote over low heat in a sauce pot until warmed through.
- At the 12 minute mark, pull out and flip your hot cake. An offset spatula helps if the cake is sticking a bit.
- Return to the oven for an additional 6-8 minutes.
- When your timer goes off, pull out your hot cake and test for doneness using a cake tester, toothpick, or knife. Remember, there’s ricotta in the cake mix so check a few spots. This is best done on the bottom side of your cake so you don’t ruin the top!
- Plate your cake, top with warm compote, add cookie crumb, chantilly.
- Of course, ADD THE FLOWERS! Enjoy!