We are always looking for good people to join the Proud Mary family!
We want people who approach work with spirit of service, excellence, professionalism, kindness, compassion, and respect of others. Proud Mary celebrates unity in diversity and welcomes all religions, all races, all sexualities, all genders and embrace equality.
Proud Mary is growing and looking for Front of House and Kitchen talent at all levels, including Kitchen Managers, Cafe Managers, Sous Chefs, line and prep cooks.
In Portland we're hiring at all levels as we re-open Dining while continuing to elevate take-away coffee and food at our Alberta St Cafe. We can't wait to see what the near term future looks like and need help continuing to blow people's minds with our unique style of hospitality and service.
In Austin, Texas, we are beginning to assemble the right team for what will soon be a world-class Cafe and restaurant. Construction is well underway and it's never too early think about the right people. Currently seeking Cafe Managers, Kitchen Managers/Head Chefs ahead of an October opening in Austin.
If you live in PDX or ATX and this sounds like you, please reach out now. If you're one of many people thinking about a change of scene, or you've been paying attention to ATX or PDX, wondering what that could look like, call us.
Proud Mary has a great team, an outstanding culture rooted in providing real opportunity for development and growth in the Hospitality and Coffee space. Not to mention, that whole "working nights", dinner service thing? Yeah, nah, not our thing. We like people that have lives outside work and celebrate folks who do interesting stuff 'after' their shift - while it's still light out.
Below are some of the positions we are currently hiring for. If interested, please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com
Current Open Positions
The Sous Chef reports directly to the Kitchen Manager. Compensation: Hourly wage + Tips, insurance offered
- Previous experience in a senior role in a high volume kitchen
- Ability to lead by example, uphold a positive attitude & respect for all.
- Exceptional communication skills and willingness to work with others
- Operate with efficiency and speed whilst executing product to a high standard
- Highly organized and intelligent work ethic
- Prioritize the upkeep of a safe, clean, positive work environment
- An understanding of routine needs/operations required to maintain a well-run kitchen
- Ready to share creative input regarding menu and practices
- Possess enthusiasm to learn and grow with the PMC brand & menu philosophy
- Full-time availability, including weekends
- Running Service: Professionally coordinate a communicative and smooth service on a fast-paced line.
- Communication: Provide regular updates to the Kitchen Manager, contribute to- and engage with and fellow PMC management team.
- Leadership: Facilitate a positive and productive work environment, leading by example and staying attentive to staff morale.
- Coordinating Prep: Under direction of Kitchen Manager; lead kitchen staff through organized, efficient and routine kitchen production.
- Ordering: Under direction of Kitchen Manager; ensure routine ordering takes place, setting the kitchen up for success. Understands and complies with COGS targets when ordering.
- Training: Provide training and instruction to new kitchen hires and see that existing BOH staff continuously demonstrate a high standard of operation.
- Creativity: Collaborate with Kitchen Manager & Executive Chef on menu direction and development.
- Safety: Uphold routine cleaning procedures and practices in kitchen. Be aware of area health authorities, systematically monitoring control points and taking corrective action to ensure that the restaurant is always within compliance.
Prep and Line Cook
Prep/Line Cooks report directly to the Kitchen Manager. Compensation: Hourly wage + Tips, insurance offered
- We are a high volume establishment, hustle and efficiency is a must.
- Ability to listen and learn, but still be able to have fun and work well in a team.
- Knowledge of all stations in a professional kitchen relating to line work is required.
- Standard valid Oregon or state Food Handlers Card,
- Reliable transportation or reliable public transport available,
- Being punctual, our standard start time is 6am,
- Contactable previous employment related references (THIS IS A COMPULSORY REQUIREMENT)
- Advanced knife skills
- An ability to follow detailed recipes and instruction
- Organization, maintaining our standard ie labelling, rotations, cleanliness
- A diverse palette & of course a love for food!